Overall Governance and Compliance Risk Management
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s compliance operating framework meets internal and global best practice requirements.
- Establish reputation as a trusted and key source of information with respect to the Bank’s corporate governance requirements to ensure that the Board of Directors has the appropriate guidance and training for discharging their fiduciary duties.
- Develop an appropriate and effective compliance Bank wide compliance training plans.
- Develop an appropriate compliance communication strategy and facilitate its implementation across the Bank.
- Responsible for the review, challenge and roll-out of compliance policies and procedures.
- Participate in industry groups to ensure alignment of compliance methodology with global best practice trends in Compliance Risk Management.
- Develop value added advice and guidance to business units and management on all compliance issues.
- Report to relevant governance committees of Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Put in place strategies to promote a compliance culture throughout the Bank.
- Monitor that policies are applied consistently across business units.
- Determine the impact of current and new legislation, rules and regulations on the bank, its current/new projects and current/new products.
- Evaluate new laws and regulations and stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments that might have an impact on the Bank.
- Monitor non-compliance and escalate any issues where non-compliance is not addressed.
Financial Crime Compliance (AML/KYC, ABC & Sanctions)
- Coordinate the design and enhancement of regular AML/KYC risk assessments and targeted AML/KYC reviews based on the Bank’s guidelines and requirements.
- Work with Origination and product house teams to ensure required acquisition of key compliance data and prepare required reports for the credit evaluation process.
- Assess the results of all AML/KYC assessments and make recommendations on how to drive improvements.
- Implement required structures and policies to ensure compliance with appropriate ABC standards.
- Develop and oversee global standards for the global sanctions compliance regime.
- Implement effective execution of OFAC and other sanctions guidelines across the Bank as required to ensure full and consistent application.
- Participate in global financial crimes working groups and related peer networks.
Compliance with the Bank’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure that the Bank’s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy is implemented, and compliance monitored, with regular reports on infraction presented to the relevant authorities at Executive Management and Board of Directors level.
- Put in place and manage mechanisms within which internal and external stakeholders can report suspicious unethical behaviour and manage the process of investigation and reporting along with other related parties such as internal audit and risk management.
People Management & Development
- Manage subordinate staff performance through appropriate performance planning, coaching and performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing feedback to subordinate staff to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
Improving the Compliance Culture
- Communicate with staff across the organisation to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
- Develop new methodologies to implement and improve the compliance process, to facilitate stakeholder requests and implement recommendations.
- Keep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance practices and advise the business accordingly.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the job-holder by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum first degree from a recognized University in either Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position.
- Candidates must also hold a higher degree from a reputable University in a relevant discipline. A professional qualification in a related field e.g. ICA, ACAMS or CISI will be a strong added advantage and can also act in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- At least 12 years working experience; 5 years of which should be in a Compliance function with experience in an international commercial banking environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of International Compliance Standards, understanding of control, regulatory and risk issues in a banking environment and principles of risk-based compliance.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lizette Pienaar at email@example.com 
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com  for more exciting opportunities.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance is a division of the CA Global Group
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.