The nature and scope of the job is to manage execution of investment banking transactions in furtherance of the Bank`s mandate. A key component of the job involves execution of activities which will result in linking African entities (governments, large corporates and financial institutions) to international capital markets in order to raise financing for intra-African trade. The job also entails execution of capital structuring, optimization and allocation transactions as a way of strengthening African entities to enable them to play a meaningful role in Africa’s industrialization, which is a key component of the continent’s structural transformation agenda.
- Provide close support to the Departmental Head in creating and maintaining strong relationships with African governments, financial institutions and corporates as well as offshore investors (bond investors, private equity firms, venture capital companies and corporates) to facilitate development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment banking opportunities in support of the Bank`s mandate;
- Provide technical input in all transactions which will enable African governments, public enterprises, supranational organizations, financial institutions and large corporates to access international bond markets to raise medium to long-term funding which is required to finance investments in trade-facilitating infrastructure, industrial processing plants and trade-related activities across the continent;
- Execution of transactions which will contribute to development of Africa`s capital markets to ensure that they play a pivotal role in channeling portfolio investment flows into the continent especially in support of companies engaged in trade;
- Prepare proposals to assist in attracting foreign and intra-African direct investment into strategic sectors to support value-added processing in various African countries;
- Manage implementation of tasks associated with corporatizing African family businesses operating in critical export value chains;
- Structuring transactions which will enable African start-up enterprises to access early- stage equity financing;
- Advise African enterprises in executing growth strategies based on comprehensive evaluation of organic and dynamic growth options under various business scenarios;
- Advise African enterprises on tax efficient ways of returning cash to their shareholders. This will entail assessing suitability of cash dividends, stock dividends and share repurchases etc. for businesses at various stages of their life cycles;
- Implement structures to assist the Bank in mobilizing equity;
- Provide technical input in transactions which assist identified African countries to create export-import banks, develop export strategies, develop export processing zones, and create commodity boards;
- Implement structures to assist various clients to raise funds through securitization structures;
- Assist the unit head in implementing the Bank`s Equity Investment Programme by making recommendations on equity valuations, timing of investment and divestitures;
- Scope due diligence exercises for consultants and prepare Request for Proposals, score bids received and engage the most competitive bid for the assignment;
- Provide expert advice to clients regarding financial structuring, due diligence studies, and company valuations in various investment banking transactions such as mergers or acquisitions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.;
- Prepare various documents ranging from financial models, teasers, information memoranda, memos, presentations etc. to ensure that they meet the quality standards set by Senior Management;
- Prepare financial models and conduct related industry and market research and Adhoc financial forecasting , analyses and modelling to support the investment advice process of the Bank
- Adding value to the work done by Associate by enhancing substance to the proposals, reviewing accuracy of factual representations, logical integrity of all calculations in financial models and improving general presentation;
- Participate in negotiations, use negotiation skills to overcome difficulties and finalize negotiations or n capital market and advisory transactions;
- Manage subordinate staff performance through appropriate performance planning, coaching and performance reviews;
- Assist the unit head in marketing advisory services;
- Implement new methodologies to improve all advisory services related processes;
- Keep abreast of developments in the global economy and capital markets; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position. A relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA may be acceptable in lieu of a postgraduate degree;
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in the financial services or consulting industry and demonstrated knowledge and experience in DCM transactions;
- Demonstrable experience in investment banking and advisory services in Africa will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis;
- Advanced Excel skills and very strong financial modelling skills required;
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments and the primary capital markets contact;
- Ability to immediately contribute to the group based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, regulators, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Thania Jaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com  or www.ca-finance.com  for more exciting opportunities.
For any further information please get in contact with:
Thania Jaffer Executive Recruiter: Insurance, Risk & Healthcare CA Global Finance
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.