Manager, Client Relations (Intra-African Trade)
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of annual Marketing Plans, derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Implementing marketing plans and strategies for deepening and expanding various activities of intra-African trade as approved by the Bank;
- In liaison with the regional managers, managing all intra-African trade customer relations, originating and on-boarding clients;
- Assist IATI with structuring all intra-African trade transactions involving structured trade, supply chain finance, financial institutions and corporate finance loans;
- Support the credit approval process for Intra-African Trade Finance transactions by participating in preparation of internal memos particularly focusing on sections related to the Client’s background, governance structure and financial performance;
- Assist with implementation of trade facilitation activities such as the Bank’s industrialization initiatives aimed at creating and expanding production capacities in the region, Intra-African Trade Platform, diaspora initiatives and resource mobilization etc.;
- Mobilize widespread utilization of Intra-African trade products, programmes and services)
- Use the services of Treasury to find solutions for clients from a derivatives perspective to manage currency, interest rate, and price risks;
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Development Economics or similar degree from a recognized University;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading financial services organization and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially structured trade finance, syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- Permanent role
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lizette Pienaar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance is a division of the CA Global Group
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.