Manager, Syndications (Forfaiting-Middle Office)
- To set up operational procedures and workflows for all activities of the Forfaiting sub-unit.
- To manage the day to day operational activities as laid down in the Operations Procedure and Policy Manuals.
- Devise proper control mechanisms to minimize the operational risks.
- Ensure proper and timely MIS circulations to management and clients for proper control and communication flow.
- Manage client relationships effectively and analyze client requirements and suggest ways of enhancing the product and the systems capability and recommend improvement in the same.
- Ensure that the selected Forfaiting System is correctly and fully utilized for all products to minimize operational risk.
- Manage Disaster Recovery in co-ordination with IT departments to provide undisrupted service to the client and internally.
- Reviewing the existing client portfolio periodically.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Procedures, Policies and Manuals.
- Ensure compliance with URF 800 Guidelines for Forfaiting.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and safety standards for housekeeping of documents.
- Ensure proper housekeeping of documents and retrieval, both in physical and electronic form.
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic and long-term objectives of the sub-uni.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in relevant field. A professional qualification in a relevant area backed up by appropriate Banking experience may be considered in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- Sound experience of minimum 8 years in Operations in a Bank or other financial services institution.
- Good knowledge of Forfaiting or Trade Finance Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Proficiency in working with relevant automated trade systems.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in own area providing technical guidance whilst maintaining the required integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems based on sound critical analysis and technical knowledge.
- Teamwork and client focus as this job necessitates regular interactions with clients, different departments within the Bank and external correspondents.
- Builds and manages effective working relationships both internally and externally at different organizational levels.
- Willingness to support Afreximbank’s mandate to develop the African continent through the provision of financing for trade.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the sub-unit and Bank’s objectives.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lizette Pienaar at Lizette@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance is a division of the CA Global Group
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.