Research Sabbatical Programme
- Programme offerings
- Current CV and cover letter
- A defined plan of research activities with specific research outcomes and deliverables with timelines as well as supporting material that underpin the likelihood of achieving those outcomes and deliverables.
- Recommendation letter from present employer, confirming that the candidate’s job will still be available at the end of the sabbatical.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- Short statement of intent (maximum of one A4 page) indicating why they should be considered for the programme.
- Stipend: Successful candidates will join the Bank at a grade and salary scale equivalent to those of the Bank in force at the time, as determined at the point of verification of the application by the HR function.
- Benefits: Candidates under the programme are not full time staff and are therefore not entitled to the full range of benefits accorded to staff. However, the Bank will ensure that it provides appropriate benefits, which will include medical insurance, group personal accident cover and housing allowance. In addition, a research grant, as may be determined by the President from time to time, may be offered to fund research carried out by candidates under this program
- Leave: Candidates will be entitled to the same leave benefits as other staff, as set in the staff rules and regulations in force. However, leave that remains unused at the end of the sabbatical, cannot be commuted to cash.
The Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme offers individuals from academic or research institutions an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to the Bank’s intellectual leadership in research related activities that are relevant and will enhance fulfillment of the Bank’s mandate.
The 2017 Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Program is now accepting applications until 15 November 2017 for entry in September 2018. You may apply by registering to the Bank’s website by using the “Apply” button at the end of the page
Please read the requirements listed below before proceeding to the application process:
Position: Open primarily to Senior lecturers from recognized Universities, research institutions or similar organisations. The programme is highly competitive and entry to it is based on merit.
Discipline Areas: The Bank will be especially interested in professionals who are interested in conducting research in the areas of African Trade / Trade related financing or any other areas that are relevant to the Bank’s mandate;
Nationality: a national of one of the Bank’s member states.
Language: excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of French, Arabic, or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Diversity: able to work with others of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
Period: ready to commit to the Bank for a period of one (1) year non-renewable.
Method of Application: Interested applicants will be required to complete an online personal history form and submit it to the Bank along with:
The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is the foremost Pan-African multilateral financial institution devoted to financing and promoting intra- and extra-African trade. The Bank was established in October 1993 by African governments, African private and institutional investors, and non-African investors. Its two basic constitutive documents are the Establishment Agreement, which gives it the status of an international organization, and the Charter, which governs its corporate structure and operations. Since 1994, it has approved more than $51 billion in credit facilities for African businesses, including about $10.3 billion in 2016. Afreximbank had total assets of $11.7 billion as at 31 December 2016 and is rated BBB+ (GCR), Baa1 (Moody’s), and BBB- (Fitch). The Bank is headquartered in Cairo. For more information, visit: www.afreximbank.com