Under the Programme, the Bank provides:
- Advisory services to governments, corporates, banks and other institutions especially in the area of export development, export sector reforms, privatisation, equity acquisitions, mergers, project promotion, etcetera;
- Underwriting services for debt and equity backed by export-secured debt;
- Valuation of companies and preparing start-up companies for Initial Public Offerings;
- Securitisation of both local and/or foreign currency receivable;
- Brokerage services in trading carbon credits under the Kyoto Protocol; and
- Arrangement of Acquisition Financing for African entrepreneurs to enable them participate in the privatisation exercise especially for export-oriented companies. The Bank may fund and/or guarantee third party lenders to the African entrepreneurs provided that there is assurance of re-financing such loans or its repayment through credible identified sources.
This product assists the Bank in promoting the development of entrepreneurship in Africa and also helps in the development of the African capital markets.
The Bank is focusing on deals that:
- Have the capacity of strengthening the export sector;
- Improve Africa’s infrastructure;
- Develop entrepreneurship and promote inflow of FDI; and
- Enlarge Africa’s access to international debt, FDI and portfolio investment flows.